Thursday, January 14, 2010

Do you want the good news, or the bad news???

Good news: My MRI hasn't changed since the last one, so no MS.

The bad news: Alcoholic liver disease, pernicious anemia and extreme Vitamin D deficiency (Rickets). Now I'm on huge doses of Vitamin D and Vitamin B12, along with all the anti-anxiety stuff I'm already on to control alcohol withdrawal. And double-doses of multivitamins and calcium daily.

The somewhat good news: All my current acute health problems have symptoms like the ones that have been attributed to possible MS. Some of this crap may be able to be corrected, and may have nothing to do with neurological disease at all. After 6 years of tests, some pretty humiliating, for every neuro disease under the sun...

Crappy: I have to check in with my doc weekly for the next month (at $30 a pop) and have lots of labs drawn to see if my B12/D levels are coming up and if my liver levels are going down. Plus I'll be seeing a drug/alcohol counselor (also @ $30 a pop), probably weekly, for god knows how long. Plus I have 6 new prescriptions ($10 each, $60/month) that I'll have to take to get healthy.

Yay, drinking! Oh Jagermeister... father, brother, secret lover... you were so worth all this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment